Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Fear and Faith!!!

I recently read some thoughts that really got me thinking, and evaluating my own walk with God as I try to imitate him and to step forward and share my own faith. It also causes me to want to trust more in him in all decisions I make and those Christians around me that I could encourage as they walk with the Lord.

"It has been often said that fear is the opposite of faith. As faith motivates us toward something, fear makes us cover away from it. Faith is ourselves is key to all endeavors; fear of failure often leads to not trying something in the first place. Faith in God frees us to talk about Him; fear of man keeps our mouths shut worrying about what others think. Faith liberates. Fear incapacitates"
-Jesus Freaks Vol. II pg. 63

What caused me to really dwell on this was the fact that I have no problem shouting silly statements to get a response from people yet as outgoing as I am there are times I shy away from sharing the gospel. WHY?!!! I am a follower of THE LIVING GOD. I am in love with him why fear anything. My faith as of late has been under pressure. I felt it was easier to live for God when I knew less. Maybe it's because I lived at a Christian Camp and I have so many times being bored that I would climb a mountain to have my quiet time. Today I find other things to fill my time when I could find ways to worship God and stay connected everyday to that faith in Christ. It's not that I sometimes have faith and sometimes don't it's that I sometimes I'm more faithful than others.

"So don't be embarrassed to speak up for our Master or for me, his prisoner. Take your share of suffering for the Message along with the rest of us. We can only keep on going, after all, by the power of God, who first saved us and then called us to this holy work. We had nothing to do with it. It was all his idea, a gift prepared for us in Jesus long before we knew anything about it. But we know it now. Since the appearance of our Savior, nothing could be plainer: death defeated, life vindicated in a steady blaze of light, all through the work of Jesus." -2 Tim. 1:8-9 THE MESSAGE

1 comment:

Danica said...

Hey Lito!

I know what you mean. Just the other night I had the best worship time just sitting in my room with an iPod. I haven't had that kind of experience for well over a year. I get so busy with church and just life and forget who gave me my life in the first place.

I really would like to talk soon. I heard that you weren't coming back over the summer, but I would still like to talk. My blog is manica14@blogspot.com

Is your phone number the same?