Thursday, July 17, 2008

SOS Day 4

Thursday has finally allowed me to see the hearts of the students in my group. I always love trips that cause you to grow with other people. It seems I've heard it said more recently that Youth trips will come and go but you will never be with the exact same group ever again, there will always be someone added or removed from any future trip. It appears that I can see what God would want from me when I raise my own future children whether it be how I discipline or how I love and teach them. I love how this week as a little more goofing off occured when I lovingly corrected their folly of missing opputunities to serve they understood where I was coming from that I still respected and loved them and soon after we were serving togther with perfect unity. Often I have to evaluate whether I'm too strict, I think I may not know until my own kids grow up to be adults if I am too strict or not.
This week has also opened my own eyes to where I need some more growth. I only want to be able to be thrown by God into any situation and serve Him with all my heart. Every camp I ever go to I see that we spend so much time with God and it allows us to hear God so clearly then as weeks pass at camp we seem to lose that closeness. I know I need to keep that daily relationship focused on Him. I look forward to Ozark Christian Colleges Chapel services being mandatory for this one thing to keep me focused and thinking about Him even more.

No comments: