Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Toy Story 3

So I want to preface my review with this, prior to seeing this film I dropped off my son with my mom. As she pulled out a box of toys I use to play with (Ninja Turtles so Terminator figures) she suggested I let my son play with them I was all for this as I could easily see my legacy of action figures have a chance to be enjoyed by my spawn. Now the whole premise of this film is Andy the owner of Woody and Buzz Lightyear to name a few, prepares to go to college. Now the problem the toys feel forgotten. So the film had a strong emotional tug at my heart due to the thought of my son playing with my toys I haven't touched in easily 15 years. So I can honestly say if you have a heart this movie will move you. As more and more cartoons make an attempt to reach adults as well as children they step up their game in allowing the story to have multiple levels whether emotionally or even psychologically. This movie dealt with themes of death, revenge, justice, and abandonment issues. I enjoyed every moment of it.
Now last summer Up was easily my favorite movie of the summer. I don't think Toy Story 3 has that title yet (hoping Predators pans out) I am still intrigued at the quality of films Pixar has put out Incredible's, Wall-E, and the rest to come. I would say Toy Story 3 can wait as a rental but it is a Must See. 4 out of 5.

No comments: