Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Karate Kid

If we had any doubts that Jaden Smith was the product of Will Smith all your doubts would be set aside from this film. Jaden does an excellent job in this classic remake. I thought the pacing was a little slow but thought to myself well the pay off will just have to be bigger and it was. Through the well choreographed fighting to the emotional character choices by Jackie Chan it all came together. I easily can say this is Jackie Chan's best acting in any film he's done to date. We know Chan can fight but he also proves his depth to his acting. I believe this heartfelt movie should be seen by the whole family.
Now if you're trying to save some money you can also rent it as I don't think much will be lost to the small screen, as it is so story driven. But it is a must see even if it's only to compare it to the orignal, p.s. it matches up to the original really closely. 4.5 out of 5.

No comments: